1. WHITENING INGREDIENTS CHECK
- It’s important that you check what ingredient does so that when you choose your lightening products, you can make sure that those ingredients are what you are looking for. When choosing a skin whitening it is important to do some research and carefully read the ingredients listed for each product. You want to avoid skin lighteners that contain hydroquinine, mercury or steroids and look for an all natural product.
2. DECIDE WHAT RESULT YOU ARE HOPING TO ACHIEVE
- While many people are wanting to lighten their overall skin complexion, most people will choose a skin whitening product to treat a number of different skin conditions associated with hyperpigmentation. A good whitening product will be designed to reduce the appearance of dark pigmentation by inhibiting the production of melanin in problem areas. Good whitening products will treat problems such as: hyperpigmentation, dark spots, melasma, acne scars, dark underarms, elbows or knees, sun damage and uneven skin tones
3. KNOW YOUR SKIN TYPE
- Skin type means that you can have normal, dry, oily or combination skin. Some skin whitening products may contain ingredients like lemon juice that can be quite drying for your skin and other products could contain harsh chemicals that can easily irritate sensitive skin and cause unwanted side effects if used on a consistent basis.
SKIN WHITENING PRODUCTS CAN WORK ON ALL SKIN COLOURS BUT THE RESULTS MAY TAKE A LITTLE LONGER IN DARK SKINNED INDIVIDUALS.
4. CONTINUE USING THE PRODUCT
- It’s actually really difficult to see results right away with cosmetics! We need to continue using the products to see results and effects.
We need to be patient and at least use the products for 4 weeks to see the actual results.